Deep Learning Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Software – Perception /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for motivated artificial intelligence engineers to join us (pre-launch) to design and create scalable AI to allow home devices to navigate human spaces and intelligently interact with people.
What you'll do
- Translate open-ended, real world problems into well-defined machine learning problems
- Work with hardware and software teams to incorporate data from concurrent on-device systems to better inform machine learning algorithms
- Build novel neural network architectures and loss functions, and implement existing cutting edge methods
- Deploy machine learning pipelines on the edge with limited compute without sacrificing performance
- Design flexible and scalable machine learning frameworks that can be deployed in many environments
- Help ensure our algorithms are equitable and fair
- Help to define the long-term path of our AI team
What we look for
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve technical problems with machine learning
- Experience using PyTorch or equivalent deep learning framework
- Ability to collaborate within and across teams
- Strong background in Python
- MS/PhD in computer science, machine learning, or similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with deep learning models (CNN, RNN/LSTM, VAE, transformers, etc.)
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art in areas of personal interest
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.