Palo Alto, CA /
Ηardware – Industrial Engineering /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for an Industrial Engineer to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Use process driven and analytical approaches to problem-solving
- Design, develop, and document assembly/manufacturing plans
- Apply plastic manufacturing knowledge to spearhead injection molding tool design
- Lead yield improvement and continuous improvement projects
- Apply Lean Manufacturing concepts including Kaizen, Kanban, Muda, and 5S
- Lead development of Supplier Selection Matrices
- Logistics systems management and support
- Process FMEA: PFMEA generation for new process technology
- Perform analysis to quantify the cost savings opportunities and risk mitigation strategies
- Understand requirements and source components for Electrical and Mechanical engineering
What we look for
- Preferred field: Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Prior experience in Procurement, Sourcing, Logistics, Operations, Manufacturing planning
- Experience with GD&T
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in creating Power BI/Tableau dashboard
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
- Proficient in SolidWorks 2012 or later, PDM or EPDM preferred
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.