Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven team values learning and curiosity in a high-ownership culture.
We're looking for an experienced SLAM engineer to join us (pre-launch) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Work on our multi-camera inertial SLAM system with 1mm accuracy on a consumer robot
- Collaborate across mechanical, hardware, and software teams to bring product vision to life
- Enable reliable mapping and autonomy within a dynamic environment
- Be an integral member of our perception software team
- Collaborate with Hardware, Software, and Algorithms team to bring product vision to life
What we look for
- Minimum MS in Computer Science or related field (PhD strongly preferred)
- Practical software engineering experience in robotics or related fields
- Knowledge of core components of SLAM (visual odometry, bundle adjustment, place recognition / loop detection algorithms)
- Fluency with math fundamentals (calculus, optimization, probability, linear algebra)
- Experience writing production quality code in a systems programming language (Rust experience preferred)
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.