Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by automating mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for an experienced Manufacturing Technician to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you will do:
- Hands-on building of a consumer robotics product (pre-launch)
- Support manufacturing by setting up, operating, and maintaining production equipment
- Develop best practices in manufacturing and general safety
- Perform quality control tests for mechanical and electrical components
- Work closely with mechanical engineers to give design feedback
- Support prototyping requirements of mechanical, electrical, and software teams
What we look for:
- Proven track record of working on diverse, hands-on projects
- Experience in training production associates
- Strong verbal communication and written documentation skills
- Quality control experience
- Proactive problem solving and sense of ownership
- Lift up to 50 lbs. of load
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zone
- You love diagnosing and solving complex assembly issues
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.