A.I. Residency (MS or PhD)
Palo Alto, CA /
Ιnternships & Residencies /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
Our Residency Program:
Our Software Residency is designed as a one-year-long research engineering position where you will develop, build, and optimize machine learning, computer vision, natural language, and perception algorithms for autonomous robots. Unlike other residency programs that focus only on conducting research and publication, our program places heavy emphasis on the process of refining and engineering the research into a product that people can buy.
We're looking for motivated AI/CV/ML Engineers to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the HW, SW, and Algorithms teams to bring product vision to life
- Design and coding up the neural network, gathering and refining data, training and tuning the model
- Deploy model at scale with high throughput and uptime
- Analyze results, continuously update and improve accuracy & speed
- Be an integral member of our small software team
What we look for
- MS or PhD candidates looking for a full-time term in industry
- Ability to write clean, reliable code that is easily maintained
- Fluency with Python, C, C++ (PyTorch or Numpy a plus)
- Experience working on CV or ML problems
- Familiarity with Deep Learning algorithms
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.