Electrical Automation Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy by circumventing mundane tasks inside the home. We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough that we can apply Level 5 Autonomy and mobility in order to reimagine home devices. We are building great products to solve real problems and ship them to the people we love. Our mission-driven and tight-knit group values learning and curiosity in a high-risk, high-reward culture.
We're looking for a motivated Electrical Automation Engineer to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
What you'll do
- Design hardware (electrical & mechanical) and software for automated testing of complex embedded systems
- Define and develop HIL test cases based on component and system requirements
- Collaborate with software, electrical, mechanical, and test engineers to deploy test infrastructure, identify root causes to problems and solve them, and troubleshoot integration issues
- Develop and manage testing strategies and requirements. Track testing progress and write detailed test plans
- Lead electrical verification and PCB characterization (prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization)
- Lead high-volume production and electrical automation for testing and assembly of the product
- Be an integral member of our small hardware team
What we look for
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Previous ECAD experience with tools such as Altium Designer, Cadence, or equivalent
- Experienced in electromechanical design and test automation
- Past experience testing complex embedded systems and developing Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulations
- Proficient in Python and embedded development using C/C++
- Experience with regulatory certification processes
- Supply chain management and PCBA contract manufacturing experience
- Comfortable with fast-paced, autonomous startup atmosphere
- Risk taking, a propensity for learning, and no fear of failure
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.