Mechanical Engineering Intern (Winter 2023 Term)
Mountain View, CA /
Ιnternships & Residencies /
At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through automation. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home devices in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for real people. Our mission-driven team values learning and curiosity in a high-ownership culture.
We're looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineering Intern to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.
This position is available for Winter 2023 term, with flexibility on duration (minimum 12 week commitment).
What you'll do
- Design parts & assemblies (including manufacturing processes and testing)
- GD&T and engineering tolerance analysis
- Establish relationships with vendors, suppliers, and CMs in a startup environment
- Contribute as an integral member of our small hardware team
What we look for
- Proven CAD skills (including master/skeleton modeling and managing large assemblies)
- Understanding of GD&T and engineering tolerance analysis
- Exposure to DFM, DFA, and tooling considerations
- Industry experience designing consumer robotics
- Thermal and fluid analysis expertise
- Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
- High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
- You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
- You love diagnosing complex technical issues
- You are excited to do great work
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity at Matician! Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who are keen to learn and are passionate about what Matician is building. We want to hear how you can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just the above boxes.