HR Generalist (Remote)
Houston, TX /
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking a growth-minded and people-oriented HR Generalist. You’ll be part of a People Team focused on helping shape Mattermost as a destination workplace. You will own onboarding programs and day-to-day HR operations, develop Mattermost specific onboarding training and team, & company immersion activities that support and foster a global destination workplace. You will partner with leaders and teams across the org in areas including coaching on staff relations, performance management, and team planning topics, recruiting, individual & team enablement.
- Maintain and continually improve on-boarding, off-boarding, and staff change processes, drive efficiencies in order to streamline information/workflows while incorporating legal/policy compliance requirements.
- Partner with and support Managers in hiring and recruiting efforts, employee relations, and performance management plans.
- Maintain data integrity in our HRIS and other HR systems. Including: developing and documenting procedures, recommending workflow improvements for staff data updates and changes throughout the staff lifecycle.
- Help maintain the People Handbook page, create and maintain documentation for continual process and operations awareness, including: process maps, educational, and other operational content.
- Ability to use and manage Mattermost’s internal and external vendor systems, improve workflows and establish auditing and monitoring processes of HR data to maintain data integrity.
- Coordinate global payroll processing, including leave of absence cases and work closely with payroll vendors to ensure accuracy of data and consistency in payroll timelines
- 4 - 6 years of human resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and compliance, creating and improving workflows and internal processes with a focus on improving the employee experienceVery detail-oriented, organized, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Experience supporting HR operations for a global staff, distributed experience preferred.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential data with a high level of professionalism.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to work cross-functionally to achieve team goals are a must
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!