Full Stack Developer - Cloud (Remote)
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to many leading organizations to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads/month, our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense, and more.
Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for an engineer with demonstrated experience in full stack software development, who excels at frontend development but has the breadth to work with cloud native systems such as Kubernetes. You'll be designing and implementing critical parts of Mattermost’s upcoming SaaS product.
- Develop applications and services across front end, back end and infrastructure to build and support Mattermost’s new SaaS product
- Be an end-to-end owner of cloud-based services
- Contribute changes to the Mattermost product to improve the SaaS experience
- Follow our engineering best practices, and ensure alignment with our Leadership Principles
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from requirements to completion stage
- Work with cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes
- Write thoughtful and high quality code in React and Go
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve emergent challenges
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 4+ years of previous experience as a developer with a user product development focus
- Strong experience with or an ability to quickly become an expert in Go and React
- Experience developing cloud native applications for Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Docker
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub at scale
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Belarus - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!