Senior Deal Desk Analyst (Remote)
Austin, TX /
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking to hire a Senior Deal Desk Analyst. The right candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, grow with our business, and ultimately help further build on our order management and pricing deal desk function. This role will work heavily alongside Sales, Sales Ops, Legal, and Finance to quarterback contract reviews, own and process orders timely, and help with price scenario analysis. The role will report directly to the Director of Finance and Accounting.
- Process and manage order fulfillments in Salesforce in accordance with executed contracts and ensure successful integration into NetSuite for billing.
- Validate order documents (contracts, approval docs etc.) for completeness and accuracy.
- Drive business process improvements and initiatives; support best practice efforts in the Quote to Cash and Revenue processes.
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure customer orders are processed timely and efficiently and participate in UAT testing for system enhancements.
- Perform month-end and quarter-end Deal Desk closing activities to ensure completeness and accuracy of contract packages.
- Generate and manage approval workflows for contracts.
- Identify and support process improvement efforts to streamline current procedures.
- Deliver training to new sales hires on order processing.
- Complete ad-hoc projects.
- Administer compliance initiatives like export requirements. Monitor and liaise with Security and Legal on other matters like SOC-2, ISO, GDPR, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a deal desk, finance, contracts, or revenue accounting role.
- Great attention to detail.
- BS in Business, Economics, or equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate long, complex sales cycles.
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to read and interpret business terms and conditions.
- Strong logic and analytical abilities.
- The ability to apply revenue recognition accounting principles to draft and review contract language.
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams.
- Self-motivated. Dependable with deliverables and deadlines.
Nice to Have:
- Software/SaaS experience a plus
- Draft business terms and conditions
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!