Senior React Native Developer (Remote)
Santiago de Chile /
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to many leading organizations to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads/month, our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense, and more.
Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
About the Role:
We understand that mobility is life, and we are looking for a best in class Mobile Engineer to innovate the next generation of on-the-go interface capabilities. We need a highly intelligent and driven engineer that understands both the capabilities and the limitless potential surrounding mobile enterprise communications. You will be part of the team focused on a new kind of interactive, immersive experience that will forever change how things get done wherever anyone is at any time.
Why this role is different:
- You will serve as core committer and technical leader for one of the most advanced open source mobile applications in the world.
- You will partner with and influence open source communities and platforms including Mattermost, React Native, WatermelonDB, and many others.
- Your architectural decisions can influence a generation of mobile development that look to open source for the patterns and solutions to be echoed around the world.
- Your end users will be working on some of the world’s most mission critical endeavours, from space exploration, to fighting COVID, to transforming the future of electric transportation, and protecting the financial assets of our global economy.
- You’ll do all this with your personal GitHub account, and you will publish the vast majority of your work as open source and be able to share it with the world for the rest of your career.
- Work as part of a small team to build a Performant, Scalable and Reliable React Native (iOS & Android) Mattermost client.
- Architect, build and maintain an excellent React Native application with clean code.
- Architect, build and maintain frameworks in the React Native app for other full stack teams to use to build their needed features.
- You will be consistently measuring the impact and quality of the app infrastructure and feature additions and augmentations to a React Native app. This sometimes involves working or building native modules when required.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs while keeping or improving the app performance.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide excellent user experience.
- Write unit and End to End tests.
- Assist with building estimates.
- You’ll have strong input on the direction of product utility and launch while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading this project.
- Collaborate with our team engineers, designers, product managers, researchers and visual effects engineers. Being an Open Source product, remember that you’ll also be collaborating with our awesome Community Contributors.
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members.
- 2+ years of professional experience developing production ready mobile apps with React Native.
- 5+ years experience developing native Mobile Applications.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex projects.
- Ability to take ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- An understanding of React Native best practices.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- Forensic attention to detailEnglish skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken english).
- Degree in Computer Science or related.
- Experience working in open source communities.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Belarus - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!