Content Marketer (Temporary)
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is looking for a content writer and editor to help keep our content machine humming while our Head of Content is out on leave. This content person will play a key role in coordinating, publishing and promoting content across Mattermost’s properties, while working closely with sales, product, community teams and external marketing contractors.
This role will be full-time through February 2021 with hours reducing to part-time from March thru April 2021.
- Manage and facilitate ongoing projects on the Mattermost editorial calendar.
- Oversee publication and distribution of new and existing content, including editing and proofreading all Mattermost content for grammar and SEO.
- Collaborate with the product and community teams to promote upcoming feature releases and community engagement programs on social media and other distribution channels.
- Work with vendors and other team members to facilitate production of multimedia content include webinars and video clips.
- Provide monthly updates to Content Strategy stakeholders on content performance and upcoming projects.
- Native-level English proficiency, strong written communication skills.
- Copywriting and editing experience; you’re able to find the balance between crafting compelling content that still captures the voice and tone of both the brand and the author.
- Comfortable writing for a technical audience and collaborating with developers on content creation.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects to hit deadlines, especially when coordinating with a diverse range of content contributors.
- Working knowledge of post-level SEO best practices Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Marketo and WordPress are a plus!
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!