Mobile Engineer (Remote)
Palo Alto /
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
About the Role:
We understand that mobility is life, and we are looking for a best in class Mobile Engineer to innovate the next generation of on-the-go interface capabilities. We need a highly intelligent and driven engineer that understands both the capabilities and the limitless potential surrounding mobile enterprise communications. You will be part of the team focused on a new kind of interactive, immersive experience that will forever change how things get done wherever anyone is at any time.
- You will be consistently measuring the impact and quality of the app infrastructure and feature additions and augmentations to a React Native app. Note that sometimes this work involves diving into the Android/iOS native side of the codebase
- You’ll have strong input on the direction of product utility and launch while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading this project
- Collaborate with our team engineers, designers, product managers, researchers and visual effects engineers. Being an Open Source product, remember that you’ll also be collaborating with our awesome Community Contributors
- Create an engaging and immersive mobile experience that will lead the next generation of mobile communication evolution
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- 2+ year experience developing production ready mobile apps with React Native
- 3+ years experience developing for Mobile Applications
- Experience working in a team environment relying on issue tracking and collaboration tools (eg. GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Fogbugz, Trello)
- Can write and maintain clean, readable code that will scale as our team grows
- Be able to work well with a team composed of cross-functional roles
- Be able to proactively communicate well, both written and verbally
- Be a proven builder
- Degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!