Head of Community (Remote)
Raleigh, NC /
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Ready to grow a thriving open-source community wildly fast?
Mattermost is seeking a highly motivated, growth-oriented Head of Community to play a critical role in shaping our community strategy. They will be responsible for leading advocacy, management, and community adoption of Mattermost while building relationships with key influencers in the industry.
- Lead developer advocacy to drive advocacy outcomes (awareness, education, relationship building).
- Lead community management to increase engagement of user and contributor communities, and elevate members to become top advocates of the community.
- Influence long-term strategy and shape the vision of the community.
- Build deep partnerships with high-impact developer and open-source communities (e.g. Jitsi, GitLab, CNCF, Go).
- Define a plan for community and developer events in partnership with developer advocacy, marketing, and business stakeholders.
- Drive community adoption of Mattermost by running non-profit, education, and open-source programs, and supporting the growth of these communities.
- Influence product user journey from awareness to early adoption of Mattermost.
- Inspire a communities-centred culture across the company, and be the voice of the community.
- 5+ years of relevant experience growing developer or open source communities.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of community managers and/or advocates.
- Relentlessly resourceful, who drives to overcome obstacles and has a bias to taking immediate action.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to navigate complex challenges by aligning internal and external stakeholders on a common goal.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where you are prepared to initiate and thrive in change.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!