Senior Full Stack Engineer - Enterprise (Remote)
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an experienced full stack Software Engineer to help build, improve, and maintain our Enterprise level products. The Enterprise team focuses on features in the Enterprise market space including authentication, compliance, data retention, and analytics. The Enterprise team develops across the entire Mattermost stack including Server, WebApp and Mobile. This position will develop on both our Open Source and Closed Source code bases.
- Participate in full lifecycle development
- Work closely with product managers and UI/UX designers to analyze requirements
- Design and implement full stack features
- Help drive the architecture of the Mattermost Server Application
- Maintain and improve existing codebases
- Review peer code changes
- Liaise with colleagues regarding technical issues
- Investigate new technologies when relevant
- Enhance existing application by identifying opportunities for improvement
- Make recommendations for design and implementation improvements
- Create automated Unit an End-to-End test scenarios
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics related field
- +5 years of full stack software engineering experience
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Ability to manage cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Knowledge of various authentication methods including SAML, ADFS, LDAP and OAUTH
- Understanding of Enterprise Authentication
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!