Lead Full Stack Engineer - Cloud (Remote)
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to many leading organizations to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads/month, our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense, and more.
Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for a lead engineer to own and drive the building of Mattermost’s self-serve customer portal across the full stack. You are an experienced full stack developer who has successfully led a team of engineers. You know when to delegate and when to get into the code for yourself. You are able to balance functional requirements with maintainable, well-architected technical designs. Both frontend and backend are well understood by you and driving projects to completion comes second nature to you.
- Lead a team of engineers focused on building out the Mattermost customer portal, defining and improving our Customer Journey for Cloud, and owning integrations with other critical systems like customer management
- Lead hiring for your team
- Execute our performance management process to ensure a high level of performance within the team
- Interact with our customers and open source community to drive high value for our users
- Work with other Leads to follow our engineering best practices, and ensure alignment with our Leadership Principles
- Develop applications and services across front end, back end and infrastructure to build and support Mattermost’s self-serve mission
- Write thoughtful and high quality code in React and Go
- Implement world-class UI/UX designs
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve emergent challenges
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Work with cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes
- Interface with other engineering teams to achieve joint goals, such as support Mattermost’s new SaaS offering
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related experience
- 3+ years as a lead engineer or similar role
- 5+ years of full-stack experience building user facing products
- Knowledge of UI/UX design
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, GitLab CI, CircleCI
- Experience working in open source communities
- Open source contributions to related projects
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Belarus - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!