Security Engineer, Infrastructure & Operations (Remote)
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking a result-driven and analytical Security Engineer to help monitor, build, and maintain our security infrastructure and processes across the company. As part of our Security team you will work closely with a globally distributed team to ensure the safety of our infrastructure and services in collaboration with other internal teams.You will be responsible for the implementation of additional security tooling and/or processes across the company and coordinate with relevant stakeholders, gather requirements, and lead the implementation.
- Lead security projects to increase security posture of infrastructure and company
- Detect, respond to, and remediate security incidents
- Development and review of company-wide security policies and processes
- Ownership of company-wide IAM solution
- Setup and maintenance of monitoring infrastructure
- Setup and maintenance of incident response and forensic toolkit
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional security experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in security engineering, incident response and/or penetration testing
- Experience with security monitoring systems
- Experience with security controls for cloud environments such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Experience with identity and access management in-depth knowledge of Linux systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Experience with certifications processes such as SOC2, ISO 27000 series, FEDRamp, etc.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, ideally Go or Python
- Experience with infrastructure automation and software delivery Certifications in the domain of penetration testing, incident response or computer forensics (e.g. OSCP, GCIH, GCFA, etc.)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!