Support Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco, CA
Want to get experience in some of the hottest technologies? Would you like to work with and solve problems for some of the leading tech companies in the world? Want to work from home? Love Open Source? Good News! Mattermost is hiring for a Support Engineer. Thousands of organizations in every possible industry depend on Mattermost for daily operations. The problems you solve and the solutions you help develop will help millions of people worldwide. Best of all you can do this job from anywhere in the world! Mattermost is a 100% work from home company.
What will the Support Engineer do?
A Support Engineer is on the front lines with our customers helping them solve problems and get the best possible experience when using Mattermost possible. This person will answer tickets coming in from customers on both technical and operational issues with our software. They will be active in the Mattermost community, helping users on our public forum find the right answers to their questions. They will spend time on learning and understanding not only our software but the full stack of software that runs Mattermost. Our goal is to help the Support Engineer elevate themselves to a Technical Rockstar within two years.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Someone with a passion and knack for solving problems no one has ever seen.
- The ability to think outside the box and create solutions to complex issues.
- Inquisitive mind who is always looking to learn new technologies and try new things.
- Someone who believes in solving problems once, documenting the solution and reiterating on the solution as new information is available.
- Some previous experience in technical operations, full stack administration, devops, or development
- A strong desire to become a technical rock star and advance quickly
- A self starter who is going to push themselves to learn and grow faster then we can push them
- Technical Skills 2 or more of the following: Go, nginx, React, HTML5, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IOS, Android, SAML, OAuth