Mobile UX Designer (Remote)
Research & Development – Product
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Mattermost, we believe that the future of collaboration is open source. As messaging becomes more entwined in day-to-day workflows, we strive to create a solution that enables teams to do their best work while maintaining their privacy and security.
Our flagship product, Mattermost, is a team messaging solution used in high trust sectors all over the world. With customers such as Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more, the work you do here will impact thousands of organizations every day. We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
Learn more at https://mattermost.com/.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We’re looking for a mobile designer who will help us build world class experiences for our mobile and mobile web applications.
Our ideal candidate is a strong, multi-disciplined mobile designer with an outstanding eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, and mobile web. Every day, you’ll work with product managers, developers, and members of our open source community to create intuitive and engaging user experiences.
If you’re someone who loves fast-paced, high impact work, then you’d be a great fit for our team.
Note: This is a remote role, working with Product Managers, Developers, and Designers who are also remote. There may be travel 2-3 times per year for team meet ups.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design and interface of our mobile and mobile web applications
- Establish detailed usability and design guidelines for product development based on industry best practices and competitive benchmarking
- Create and maintain a library of design and interface resources for use by product teams
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, customers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements and understand usability concerns and areas for improvement
- Produce designs of various fidelity depending on needs, ranging from sketching to mockups and prototypes
- Plan and conduct user research and usability tests, documenting, communicating, and acting upon the results
- Build relationships across product lines and functional groups to raise the standard for good design across the company
- 3-5+ years of hands-on design experience in the software industry with a strong focus on mobile and mobile web applications
- Strong background in interaction design, with the ability to effectively articulate the rationale behind design decisions
- Strong visual design sense and an impeccable attention to detail, with a drive to speak up when something is not implemented to your standards
- Intensely curious, with a good understanding of analytics and a desire to learn from the data
- Proficient in various research and design techniques such as qualitative research methods, personas, wireframing, task analysis, journey mapping, sketching, prototyping, usability testing, etc
- Embody our company values: https://mattermost.com/about-us/#leadership-principles