Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to drive product adoption and go-to-market activities that accelerate the user journey from free to paid editions. You will understand a bottoms-up, product-led GTM model and use strategic and tactical methods to increase the volume and conversion rate of potential customers. This role will work closely with product management to understand product features and benefits, and translate this information into customer-facing messaging and assets for a largely technical audience.
The ideal candidate will understand how to market to different personas and have the ability to articulate the value of Mattermost in the context of relevant use cases. You will create messaging and positioning that differentiates Mattermost, and create a portfolio of assets (collateral, product, web, email, video, etc.) that increase adoption and purchase. You have a deep understanding of the customer journey and will deliver the right content, via the right channels, at the right time to individuals considering and using the product.
- Create messaging and positioning for target audiences and personas
- Drive compelling and consistent product messages across all customer-facing channels
- Articulate Mattermost value through clear definition of product use cases relevant to specific personas
- Prioritize and deliver marketing & sales assets that drive product adoption and conversion (white papers, user guides, collateral, web content, slides, email campaigns, demo videos, etc.)
- Develop deep understanding of the customer journey and provide the necessary assets that help the user discover, and be rewarded with, increasing value through conversion and expansion
- Collaborate with product, growth marketing, and sales to execute customer acquisition campaigns and ensure seamless self-service customer engagement
- Nurture users through the adoption journey with engagement campaigns targeting key use cases
- Test and measure messaging effectiveness; monitor and optimize key journey metrics
- 5+ years of product marketing experience; ideally for a SaaS company targeting DevOps, SecOps, or IT
- Demonstrated experience managing a bottoms-up, product-led GTM strategy; ideally for an open-source software company
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you must be an excellent writer
- Appropriate technical depth to communicate with developer audiences in their language
- Ability to communicate and work cross-functionally across product, inside sales, field sales, and engineering
- Demonstrated experience in product-led, bottom-up GTM
- Demonstrated ability to drive customer acquisition and business growth goals
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract actionable insights from data
- Ability to drive for high impact and get things done. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Energized working in a startup environment where versatility is highly valued
- Previous experience with open source / freemium products a plus.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where you are prepared to initiate and thrive in change
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!