Customer Advocate (Remote)
San Antonio, TX /
Customer Success /
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an innovative, client obsessed Customer Advocate to help new and existing customers drive as much value as possible from their Mattermost investment. Focusing on the SMB market segment, the Customer Advocate will be responsible to achieve renewal and new business objectives and also drive expansion business into existing SMB accounts. Working closely with the rest of the sales organization (Commercial reps, CustomerEngineer, Marketing), the Customer Advocate will cover EMEA and the US. Mattermost is a remote only company, this role is US based.
- Responsible for the SMB segment in EMEA and the US.
- Continually automate the customer journey via campaign to ensure a great user experience in a high volume transaction world.
- Educate the customers on new products and features, and advocate for customer needs with internal stakeholders.
- Renew customer subscriptions in the SMB segment and achieve the renewal rate objectives.
- Identify, develop and close retention and expansion strategies
- Escalate and mitigate churn risk.
- Expand the SMB business through upsells.
- Work with and close new business within the SMB segment
- Deep experience with Salesforce and campaign automation apps.
- Strong customer service capability and effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Self-Starter Strong prioritization skillsSales or Customer Success experience preferred.
- Strong technical grasp and ability to dive deeply in technical conversations with customers and key stakeholders to support a seamless customer journey (Cloud technologies, Enterprise security, SAML, SSO, Mobile apps)
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!