Senior Front End Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to many leading organizations to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads/month, our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense, and more.
Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to ensure that our web application is in-your-face awesome. We need a Developer with a passion and eye for design, both visual and technical, and a demonstrated talent to help us craft a user experience that is second to none.
- Create accessible, user-centric web experiences
- Work closely with product managers and UI/UX designers
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from kickoff to completion
- Maintain, improve and re-architect, where needed, the core of our web application
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Set direction and standards for a large open source project
- Write thoughtful, high quality code
- Guide, review and support open source contributors and community members
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field/experience
- 5+ years of experience in web application design and development
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of the React ecosystem
- Experience creating enterprise-grade websites and web applications that are scalable, manageable and performant
- Experience writing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Belarus - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!