Senior UX Designer - Customer Journey (Remote)
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer who will help us build world class experiences for our messaging solutions through in-product awareness and education.
Our ideal candidate is a strong, multi-disciplined designer with an outstanding eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality responsive interfaces across multiple platforms. Every day, you’ll work with product managers, developers, and members of our open source community to create intuitive and engaging user experiences.
If you’re someone who loves fast-paced, high impact work, then you’d be a great fit for our team.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design and user experience of our product with a focus on in-product updates, new feature alerts, trial offerings, purchases, and renewals
- Establish detailed usability and design guidelines for product development based on industry best practices and competitive benchmarking
- Create and maintain a library of design and interface resources for use by product teamsWork closely with product managers, engineers, customers, and other stakeholders to gather requirements and understand usability concerns and areas for improvement
- Produce designs of various fidelity depending on needs, ranging from sketching to mockups and prototypes
- Plan and conduct user research and usability tests, documenting, communicating, and acting upon the results
- Build relationships across product lines and functional groups to raise the standard for good design across the company
- 5+ years of hands-on user experience and visual design in the software industry with a strong focus on responsive design for in-product awareness and education
- Strong background in interaction design, with the ability to effectively articulate the rationale behind design decisions
- Strong visual design sense and an impeccable attention to detail, with a drive to speak up when something is not implemented to your standards
- Intensely curious, with a good understanding of analytics and a desire to learn from the data
- Proficient in various research and design techniques such as qualitative research methods, personas, wireframing, task analysis, journey mapping, sketching, prototyping, usability testing, etc
- Embody our company values: https://mattermost.com/about-us/#leadership-principles
Note: This is a remote role, working with Product Managers, Developers, and Designers who are also remote. There may be travel 2-3 times per year for team meet ups.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!