Director, Product Marketing
United States /
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We’re looking for a product marketing leader to lead go-to-market, product launches, messaging/positioning, and pricing/packaging. This role will report to the Chief Product Officer and will work closely with sales, product management, marketing, and the Mattermost leadership team.
- Strategic go-to-market - Partner with product management, sales, and marketing to lead GTM strategy; understand the bottom-up customer adoption and lead the acceleration of the customer journey.
- Messaging & positioning - Develop crisp differentiation and value drivers to further the disruption of the industry with our open-source, bottom-up adoption by developers. Build out segmented messaging with sales and marketing.
- Product launches - Build this muscle at Mattermost and create buzz with product and feature launches. There is a lot we can do to generate excitement in the open-source community and the broader market with our launches.
- Sales enablement - Enable sales with training, competitive intelligence, and industry trends to improve win rates.
- Product Marketing Content. Build world-class content to support demand generation and drive opportunities and pipeline for the sales team.
- Partner strategy. There is tremendous potential for a robust partner strategy to provide value to our developers who are looking to use Mattermost to orchestrate across multiple developer tools in the developer ecosystem. Drive a clear partner strategy.
- Thought leadership - Drive industry-level thought leadership leveraging our differentiation pillars and product innovations.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience.
- Experience in B2B, enterprise software, and SaaS/Cloud space.
- Previous experience working with sales teams.
- Previous experience with new product introductions.A strong interest in being the product expert and bringing the voice of the customer to the product development and launch process.
- Strong internal communicator and collaborator.
- Uniquely creative, strategic, and operational marketer.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!