QA Automation Engineer
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Uber, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About the Role
As a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer at Mattermost, your goal is to uncover issues before they affect the thousands of companies depending on our software every day. To do this, you’ll work closely with the development team to build out automated testing systems for our native mobile and desktop applications and web application. You'll also work closely with developers and product managers to thoroughly verify new features and fixes in each monthly release, and with the QA team to help analyze and address the most common sources of bugs.
- Design and write automated tests for Mattermost across mobile and desktop apps, and web application
- Determine and execute test plans to thoroughly verify new features and fixes in each monthly release
- Participate in ad hoc and other manual testing efforts designed to test end-to-end scenarios that are harder to automate
- Drive in-depth investigations of bug reports, and analyze which QA processes catch issues to help continually improve quality over time
- Work remotely, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- BS in Computer Science (or related fields)
- Strong scripting or automation programming experience
- Past experience designing and writing automated tests, particularly on mobile app testing framework
- Highly curious mindset, with an eye for detail and a talent for thinking of blind spots others may have missed
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Experience designing and building mobile automated testing framework from the ground up
- Experience with Cypress browser automated testing
- A strong intuition for good user interface design
- Experience with Cloud Providers like Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experience using Linux operating systems such as Red Hat, Ubuntu or other distributions
- Experience with online communities (open source projects, discussion forums, MMOs, etc.)
Preferred but not required:
The right person in this role has an opportunity to make a huge impact on the overall Mattermost GTM strategy and drive the success of our commercial sales organization. If this sounds like you - please apply! We are leading the collaboration transformation!