Senior Front End UI Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to ensure that our web application is in-your-face awesome. We need a Developer with a passion and eye for design, both visual and technical, and a demonstrated talent to help us craft a user experience that is second to none.
- Create accessible, user-centric web experiences
- Work closely with product managers and UI/UX designers
- Design, develop and maintain core components as part of a larger Design System
- Maintain and improve existing codebases
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from kickoff to completion
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Set direction and standards for a large open source project
- Write thoughtful, high quality code
- Guide, review and support open source contributors and community members
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field/experience
- 5+ years of experience in web application design and development
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of mobile-first, accessible and responsive design
- Experience creating enterprise-grade websites and web applications that are scalable, manageable and performant
- Experience writing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - India - Mauritius - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!