Customer Success Manager (Remote)
Toronto, ON /
Customer Success /
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will manage a portfolio of customer accounts after the initial sale. Their job is to understand the business needs and objectives of their customers and ensure that those customers are successful in meeting their goals. They will work with the customers on a regular basis to assess, analyze, and help plan changes to the customer's usage and goals. The CSM will be the in-house expert on the customer, their goals, and their needs. They will act as the customers inside advocate to ensure that their needs and objectives are taken into account. The CSM will work closely with other parts of the organization (Sales, Customer Engineering, Marketing). The portfolio of accounts will be North American and European companies and the location needs to be convenient from a time zone perspective to cover both these geographies.
- Responsible for the Mid-Market segment in EMEA and the US.
- A portfolio of approximately 100 accounts.
- Become an expert in Mattermost, and in enterprise messaging & collaboration software.
- Educate customers on new products and features, and advocate for customer needs with internal stakeholders.
- Retain customers by helping them meet their goals, see value in our software, and advocating for them internally.
- Work with customers to drive adoption and usage in their organization.
- Work on growth, retention, and expansion strategies
- Escalate and mitigate churn risk.
- Strong understanding of Open Source Software, DevOps, and the cloud.
- Above average technical knowledge (Cloud technologies, Enterprise security, SAML, SSO, Mobile apps).
- Prior experience with sales or account management teams and understanding/ability to forecast.
- Experience with Salesforce and sales automation tools.
- Fluency in European language other than English - a big plus.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Brazil - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!