Security Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking a result-driven and analytical Security Engineer to help grow our security program to meet the needs of the company, product, and Mattermost Cloud. As part of our Security team, you will work closely with a globally distributed team to ensure the safety of our infrastructure and services in collaboration with other internal teams.
THIS ROLE IS ONLY HIRING IN EMEA REGION FOR TIME-ZONE COVERAGE
- Lead security projects to increase security posture of infrastructure and company
- Detect, respond to, and remediate security incidents
- Development, review, and enforcement of company-wide security policies and processes
- Ownership of company-wide IAM solution
- Deployment and upkeep of monitoring infrastructure
- Setup and maintenance of incident response program and forensics toolkit
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional security experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in security engineering, incident response and/or penetration testing
- Experience with security monitoring systems
- Experience with security controls for cloud environments such as AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Experience with identity and access management In-depth knowledge of Linux systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Experience with certifications processes such as SOC2, ISO 27000 series, FEDRamp, etc.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, ideally Go or Python
- Experience with infrastructure automation and software delivery
- Certifications in the domain of penetration testing, incident response or computer forensics (e.g. OSCP, GCIH, GCFA, etc.)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Brazil - Canada - Chile - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - South Africa - Turkey - Ukraine - Uganda - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!