Technical Product Marketing Manager ( Remote )
Sales & Marketing – Marketing
Mattermost, one of Y Combinator's top 100 companies, is the open source collaboration platform built for development teams to drive innovation. Its on-premise and private cloud deployment provides the benefits of modern communication without sacrificing privacy. Mattermost gives enterprises the autonomy and extensibility they need to be more productive while meeting the requirements of IT and security teams.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the Technical Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving and executing go-to-marketing activities focused on developers and DevOps professionals. You will use your DevOps expertise and knowledge of the market to articulate and capture the key value and differentiators of Mattermost and use that knowledge to create content that connects with our developer audience, sales tools, and use case / product demos to help drive awareness and understanding of Mattermost.
- Demo ecosystem: Build and support compelling product demos, from defining clear use cases and scripts to building complete demo environment. Demos should clearly articulate benefits to end-users while showcasing platform features and key integrations
- Create a demo ecosystem that provides demos in a variety of formats (e.g. live demo, videos, webinars) modeling real world technical challenges and demonstrating how Mattermost can address them
- Enable partner ecosystem to leverage demo environments and deliver high quality, on-message demos to their constituents
- Content and thought leadership: Provide internal enablement and support as a subject matter expert on technical matters related to DevOps workflows and developer collaboration
- Create and maintain content (videos, guides, email nurtures) that drive early-stage adoption of Mattermost This will be measured by monthly activations
- Author and develop technical product collateral such as technical white papers, architecture diagrams, and battle cards
- Deliver technical sessions and demos at online and in-person events
- Competitive and market intelligence: Be an expert on our end users and our buyers. You will understand how and why they use our platform, and you will become an expert in the competitive landscape
- Lead training for the GTM team with the technical knowledge, use cases and proof points needed to sell in competitive situations. Constantly evaluate competitive products and train the team on findings and positioning
- Take the lead in evaluating new product functionality and partner with marketing team to build and deliver product launch content.
- 4+ years experience working in a hands-on technical role such as technical marketing, solution or sales engineering, technical support, working with a developer-focused product
- In-depth industry experience working in the DevOps space, particularly in cloud software, collaboration, and developers tools
- Proficient in installing, configuring, and hacking on Linux, Docker, Jira
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the proven technical and business acumen to translate technical capabilities into business value and business needs into technical implementations
- Very strong written communication skills with proven focus on content for developers and engineering management
- A technical background or demonstrated experience marketing to highly technical users and buyers
- Willingness to travel ~10%. Presenting at events, visiting customers, prospects, and partners will be required from time to time
The right person in this role has an opportunity to make a huge impact at Mattermost and help drive the core positioning of the Mattermost product. If this sounds like you - please apply! We are leading the collaboration transformation!