Full Stack Cloud Engineer
Mountain View, California
Matternet is looking for a full-stack cloud engineer who has experience building next-generation web applications to report directly to our Head of Platform. Together we are making instant access to physical goods through autonomous aerial robotics a reality. As an engineer of a small and agile team, you will make contributions to our cloud systems on both the front and backend side, helping shape the coolest and most powerful Mission Control and Fleet Management systems anyone has ever seen. To get an idea of what you’ll impact, check out https://vimeo.com/234597560.
- Be trusted to take point on complex product initiatives and run them to completion with minimal supervision
- Work with the rest of our software team and across engineering disciplines to build the infrastructure that our air and ground assets rely on: real-time drone tracking system, back office asset management system, customer facing tools
- Move between backend APIs and front-end-user interfaces
- 3+ years of real-world experience
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming
- Expertise in modern web frameworks like React & Redux
- Experience working in real-time cloud systems
- You are familiar with GraphQL, Apollo, and Express
- You’ve worked with relational DBs like PostgreSQL and ORMs like Sequelize
- You are as comfortable working on frontend Bootstrap/React-based applications as you are diving deep into backend APIs
- You’ve worked peripheral tech like React Native, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- You are familiar with MQTT based messaging and GTS databases
- You think autonomous aerial vehicles are as cool as we do.
Matternet is the developer of the world’s leading technology platform for on-demand aerial delivery in urban environments. The company provides its technology platform as a service to healthcare, e-commerce and logistics organizations. In March 2017, Matternet became the first company in the world to be authorized for full operations of drone logistics networks over densely populated areas in Switzerland. Since then, Matternet has executed over 3,000 flights in Zurich, Bern and Lugano. In May 2018, Matternet was selected to carry out drone logistics operations for US hospitals under the FAA's drone integration program. In March 2019, Matternet and UPS announced a partnership to provide drone delivery services to US healthcare systems, starting from WakeMed Health in NC. Matternet is based in Mountain View, CA and has 50 employees. Matternet's investors include Boeing, Daimler, Swiss Post and Sony. For more information, visit https://mttr.net
Selected Matternet press:
Fast Company: https://www.fastcompany.com/90324754/the-countrys-first-regular-commercial-drone-delivery-is-here
MIT technology review: https://www.technologyreview.com/the-download/613255/the-first-commercial-drone-delivery-scheme-in-the-us-is-already-flying/
We're an equal opportunity employer.