Electro-Mechanical Technician - UAS
Menlo Park, California, USA
Matternet is looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technician (UAS) to help bring Matternet’s assets to life. You will report to our experienced shop manager and join a small and dynamic team to assemble and maintain a range of custom and off-the-shelf unmanned aircraft systems and support equipment. We're looking for individuals who enjoy showing off their craftsmanship and a passion through all stages of product assembly and iteration.
- Experience following complex instructions, schematics, and SOPs.
- 0-3 years experience building aerospace-grade products with strict adherence to process and quality control.
- Produce technical documentation related to workflows, assembly processes, rework modifications, and maintenance procedures.
- Evaluate and improve electromechanical system deficiencies.
- Perform soldering operations (through-hole and SMT).
- Perform wire harness fabrication and routing.
- Work on small airframe structures, electronics, MEMS sensors, antennas, and other related components.
- Build high-voltage EV battery packs in a safe manner.
- Fabricate components out of plastics, composites, and metals.
- Team player able to support a diverse set of talents and resources.
- UAS-specific assembly and maintenance experience.
- Comfortable working from rough sketches and early concept schematics to final detailed drawings and designs.
- CNC experience
- Solid understanding of modern battery technology and how it relates to UAS.
- Understand autopilots, companion computers, and dynamic electromechanical system behavior.
- Experience with UAS/RC craftsmanship.
- Part 107 Certification a plus.
Matternet is the developer of the world’s leading technology platform for on-demand aerial delivery in urban environments. The company provides its technology platform as a service to healthcare, e-commerce and logistics organizations. In March 2017, Matternet became the first company in the world to be authorized for full operations of drone logistics networks over densely populated areas in Switzerland. Since then, Matternet has executed over 3,000 flights in Zurich, Bern and Lugano. In May 2018, Matternet was selected to carry out drone logistics operations for US hospitals under the FAA's drone integration program. In March 2019, Matternet and UPS announced a partnership to provide drone delivery services to US healthcare systems, starting from WakeMed Health in NC. Matternet is based in Menlo Park, CA and has 50 employees. Matternet's investors include Boeing, Daimler, Swiss Post and Sony. For more information, visit https://mttr.net
Selected Matternet press:
Fast Company: https://www.fastcompany.com/90324754/the-countrys-first-regular-commercial-drone-delivery-is-here
MIT technology review: https://www.technologyreview.com/the-download/613255/the-first-commercial-drone-delivery-scheme-in-the-us-is-already-flying/
We're an equal opportunity employer.