Senior SecOps Engineer
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
We are looking for a talented SecOps engineer to join our team. You’ll be responsible for crafting and scaling services for the Matterport Cloud, which serves billions of requests and millions of 3D views a month. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses a strong development background, and has the drive to invent. As part of the DevOps team, the SecOps Engineer will analyze software designs and implementations from a security perspective, and identify and resolve security issues.
The ideal candidate should have a background working in Cloud based Linux environments, with bash and Python experience and prior experience with security tools such as Threat Stack, Lacework, and Nessus. The role will include the appropriate security analysis, defenses, and countermeasures at each phase of the software development life-cycle, resulting in robust and reliable software. There will also be responsibility for working with compliance tools, performing patching and remediation, and working with the sales and product team on security posture and assessments.
You should be able to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced, team driven environment, and have the ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff located in California, Kansas, and Argentina.
- Develop, deploy and support self-service tools that enable network, database, application, and other engineers to get things done in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and within our on-premise infrastructure.
- Setup network, storage and security environments, leveraging an “infrastructure as code” approach. We use Hashicorp and other open source tools
- Assure cloud solutions and frameworks are built with consideration toward industry standard compliance requirements
- Build and maintain documentation in support of service templates to meet both compliance standards and assure a thorough understanding of cloud systems prior to deployment and throughout life-cycle.
- Develop and streamline resource metering and management tools across both AWS and on-premise cloud environments
- Conduct SecOps tool research, evaluation, installation, configuration and training
- Be a major owner of Matterport’s information security posture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience with Cloud Security & Encryption components such as IAM Policy, Cloud HSM, API Logging, SSO, Alert Logic
- Experience with security tools such as Threat Stack, Lacework, Nessus, Contrast Security and common IT security applications for MDM and secure network access
- Experience with common information security management frameworks and best practices sourced from CIS, SANS, OWASP, NIST, etc.
- Deep knowledge in key security concepts such as authentication, authorization, public/private key encryption, role-based access control, and security by design
- Broad technology background with an understanding of security best practices relating to AWS, EKS, ECS, Docker, Database, Storage and Networking
- Ability to break down requirements and get things done.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team and practice open communication both written and verbal
- An understanding of global privacy issues and GDPR desired
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.