Deep Learning Engineer
San Francisco or Sunnyvale, CA
Matterport provides an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including residential and commercial real estate, travel and hospitality, business listings, and architecture, engineering, and construction. Matterport is digitizing the world's spaces in 3D.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we see the world! We doubled revenue and headcount in 2015 and 2016 and looking to close out 2017 on the same path!
We were recently named the 3rd fastest growing private company in Silicon Valley. Come join the excitement!!
Are you a deep learning expert with strong computer vision skills? Matterport has the world’s largest dataset of aligned RGB-D images -- 400 million images from 450,000 different real-world locations, and we want you to help us learn from it. We have a broad agenda for deep learning, including semantic labeling and segmentation, 3D object classification and pose estimation, depth from RGB, estimation of unseen 3D surfaces, texture/depth in-filling, key point matching, and dense stereo. We're also working closely with some of the leading academic research labs in the country.
Matterport is a Series C startup that has developed a 3D camera and an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including real estate, construction, retail, hospitality, travel, and location-scouting, You can see some of the spaces captured by our customers at https://matterport.com/gallery/
Please provide a cover letter and any relevant work to this position.
- Finding the best solutions to computer vision problems facing the company (whether they require deep learning or not!) Innovating new network architectures when necessary, and knowing when to use existing ones
- Handling the end-to-end development of these solutions: determining possible approaches, implementing them, sourcing training data if needed, training them, testing them, and optimizing them for production)
- We care the most about general ability to learn new things, but specific, directly relevant experience is, of course, desirable.
- 2+ years of experience in computer vision, 5+ preferred
- Experience applying deep learning to computer vision problems
- Familiarity with common deep neural net architectures relevant to understanding and synthesizing images
- Ability to work independently and write clean, stable code
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a similar field
- Familiarity with 3D graphics is a plus
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.