Senior Hardware Engineer
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the leading spatial data company digitizing and indexing the built world. Our unique 3D capture technology creates the spatial data layer on which industries can interoperate while our all-in-one 3D data platform makes it fast and easy to turn any physical space into an accurate and immersive digital twin. Matterport's platform helps customers realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing, and operations. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital twins of over 2.3 million properties so far!
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
In this Senior /Staff Hardware Engineer role, you will be responsible for designing and developing the electrical architecture of new and derivative camera products. This position requires solid system integration expertise. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, our partners and suppliers to deliver high quality products. We expect that you will be easy to work with, have strong interpersonal skills and great communication skills.
What You Will Do:
- Investigate, study, and select critical components such as SOC+GPU, memory subsystems, battery management.
- Evaluate and select sensor interfaces such as MIPI, USB3, or custom.
- Manage schematic capture and review, PCB design review, and electrical BOM release.
- Develop hardware validation plans and review test results.
- Analyze, validate, and characterize hardware design. Determine performance characteristics and document into engineering specifications.
- Participate in technical discussions and collaborate with the cross functioning team including mechanical, firmware, product design, document control, and program management during the product development phase.
- Support products from initial concept through manufacturing bring up until end of life.
What You Bring to the Game:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience in designing digital hardware system with Microprocessor, DSP, DDR, and High Speed transceivers.
- Experience in various bus architectures and interfaces such as I2C, USB, I2S, SDIO, and MIPI.
- Experience in low power design, power conversion, and battery management.
- Proven ability in analyzing root cause, complex design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance and ability in handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work cross‐functionally along with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with leveraged external teamsExperience leading EE design efforts
- Experience in any of the following areas will be added advantage GPUs for ML or image processing, WiFi, GPS, accelerometers, CMOS image sensor architecture, EMI/EMC/ESD compliance
- Experience in hardware product development with an organization developing portable consumer devices is a plus.
- Experience designing products with motors and motor controllers a plus.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.