Mobile Software Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco Bay Area /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
We are seeking a Senior to Staff level Mobile Software Engineer to help lead development for our 3D technology. We are working with OEM and hardware technology partners to provide cutting edge capture experiences on next generation mobile and camera devices.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great mobile software and is motivated to take the lead in the creation of mobile apps for capturing, editing, and viewing 3D spaces and objects.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team and product marketing to define, design, develop, and deliver new exciting features on Matterport’s applications
- Continuously explore, evaluate, and incorporate new technology into our products and processes to improve development efficiency
- Deliver a quality software solution using the Agile mobile development cycle
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates, feedback and proper implementation
- Develop, maintain, support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing mobile applications
- Research and recommend new mobile tools and applications
- 5+ years experience in high performance software development
- 2+ experience in either Android or iOS mobile development experience with deep technical knowledge of mobile frameworks and how to build reactive UI design
- Deep understanding of core software concepts, including networking, storage/file system, security, memory management, multi-threading, and application lifecycle management
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative work environment
- 3D graphics, odometry, photogrammetry knowledge
- Optimizing for performance on mobile (CPU/GPU/memory/latency)
- Experience working with embedded Android
- Experience working with RESTful web APIs
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy