Senior Software Engineer, 3D Experiences (Remote)
San Francisco Bay Area /
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
Matterport is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our 3D Experiences team. You’ll be responsible for improving the user experience of our 3D viewing and editing applications, which get more than 100 million views a month. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer with a strong web UI development skill set, or experience in 3D graphics and game development.
- Help with implementation of user-friendly 3D experiences utilizing React, Typescript, Three.js and WebGL
- Work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and engineers
- Create working prototypes for new concepts, ideas, or platforms we want to explore
- Advocate for new technical architecture and innovation
- Experience designing and building user-friendly, fast web applications
- Familiarity with UI frameworks like React or Vue
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills in all areas of front end development
- A desire for developing testable and maintainable code
- Familiarity with WebGL or OpenGL
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Three.js and GLSL shaders
- Exposure to architectural patterns of 3D applications, like games, AR or VR applications.
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy