Staff Electrical Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area /
Research and Development – R&D - Hardware /
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the Role:
In this Staff Electrical Engineer role, you will be responsible for designing and developing the electrical architecture of new and derivative camera products. This position requires solid system integration expertise. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, our partners and suppliers to deliver high quality products. We expect that you will be easy to work with, have strong interpersonal skills and great communication skills. You will be able to work independently in a remote hybrid situation out of our Sunnyvale offices. Expectations of being in office will be 2-3 days per week for collaboration on our devices.
What you will do:
- Participate in electronic R&D activity leading to the development of new products.
- Investigate, study, and select critical components in the areas of SOC + GPU, memory subsystems, battery management, inertial measurement, RGB cameras and Lidar modules.
- Evaluate and select sensor interfaces such as MIPI, USB3, PCIe or custom.
- Manage schematic capture and review, PCB design review, and electrical BOM release.
- Analyze, validate, and characterize hardware design. Determine performance characteristics and document them into engineering specifications.
- Develop hardware validation plans and review test results.
- Participate in technical discussions and collaborate with the cross-functional team, including mechanical, firmware, product design, document control, and program management during the product development phase.
- Support products from initial concept through manufacturing bring up until end of life.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience in designing digital hardware systems with microprocessor, DSP, DDR, and high speed transceivers.
- Experience in various bus architectures and interfaces such as I2C, USB, I2S, SDIO, PCIe and MIPI.
- Experience in low power design, power conversion, and battery management.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven ability in analyzing root causes, complex design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance and ability in handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work cross‐functionally along with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with leveraged external teams
- Experience leading EE design efforts
- Experience in any of the following areas will be an added advantage: GPU’s for image processing, Wi-Fi, BlueTooth, GPS, accelerometers, CMOS image sensor architecture, Lidar, EMI/EMC/ESD compliance
- Experience in hardware product development with an organization developing portable consumer devices is a plus
- Experience designing products with motors and motor controllers is a plus
- Experience with systems architecture and FW architecture is a plus.
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description, we encourage you to apply.
US based Matterport employees who travel for work, attend employee gatherings or work onsite at any of our offices are required as a condition of employment to be vaccinated against COVID 19. Proof of full vaccination including Booster will be required, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $112,700 - $219,100 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- 401k & Company ownership in the form of RSU’s
- Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy