Customer Success & Support Team Manager
Kuala Lumpur /
Customer Success /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport’s global Customer Success & Support team is at the center of our strategic corporate growth strategy. This highly collaborative team works cross-functionally both internally and within our customer organizations to grow and nurture customer engagement, satisfaction, and value optimization. They keep the department running in an efficient manner, and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention. The Manager hires, trains, and supervises Customer Success & Support team members. The manager resolves procedural problems and recommends improvements to management.
Matterport is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Team Manager who will contribute directly to the growth and success of Matterport customers and our corporate-level strategic goals in the APAC region. Leading a team of Customer Success Product and Support Specialists, this role will be involved in all aspects of developing and nurturing the team’s account management, customer education, customer support and segment marketing strategies to drive key customer activity and satisfaction. Reporting to the head of customer success and partnering with other members of the Global Success team, this role is responsible for regional customer retention, satisfaction, and revenue growth performance. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, is a strong and nurturing leader, has a positive can-do attitude, excellent planning and problem-solving abilities, proven operational management skills, and an exceptionally customer-centric point of view.
The position is located in Kuala Lumpur, reporting directly to our Senior Manager of Customer Success based at our headquarters in Sunnyvale, California
- Lead the APAC Success & Support team in providing proactive support, onboarding, adoption, retention, and growth programs for Matterport’s APAC region customers
- Coach team members to deliver on the Matterport value proposition for various customer segments and drive customer value realization through the design and deployment of customer training, engagement, upsell/cross-sell, and customer support efforts
- Lead team to maintain a cadence of proactive communication with customers about product features, new use cases, and added value opportunities to grow customer engagement and sentiment at scale
- Represent the voice of the customer internally to inform our sales process, product roadmap, support processes, and general customer communications strategy
- Maintains an environment where team members can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Coaches and disciplines employees; communicates job expectations
- Provides a documented growth path for team members and supports agent career growth
- Support the SMB Growth Manager’s efforts to analyze customer health metrics, run NPS surveys and gather other customer satisfaction data
- Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards Analyze and resolve quality and customer service problems; identify trendsServe as a point of escalation for customer issues
- Utilize CRM and platform data to forecast and track all renewal, upsell, and cross-sell activities
- Maintain product expertise across the Matterport solution
- Drive root cause analysis for process failures; drive corrective action to avoid future failures
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Success, Account Management, or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention at scale
- BA/BS or equivalent required, MBA or equivalent preferred
- Proven ability to deliver against sales/quota targets, proven track record of growing an existing account base preferred
- Proficiency with CRM and BI tools to drive performance
- Proficiency in Zendesk or other support applications is a plus
- Proven aptitude for managing complexity in workload with multiple stakeholders
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for delivering the best possible customer experience; ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with exceptional attention to detail
- A documented and clear history of being a team player, contributor, and positive person and thinker
- Experience working with SaaS solutions with an enthusiasm for technology and demonstrated technical aptitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills
- Experience in providing customer training and sales presentationsIncredible relationship management, analytical, and critical-thinking skills
- Self-motivated team player who has fresh ideas when it comes to user adoption and churn mitigation
- Proven ability to get things done and thrive in the dynamic environment of a high-growth startup
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.