Chief Accounting Officer
San Francisco Bay Area /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is looking for a detail oriented Chief Accounting Officer who will be responsible for overseeing all accounting functions including corporate accounting, international accounting, consolidations, external reporting, technical accounting, audits, payroll, and global tax. Reporting to the CFO this key role will bolster our regulatory compliance, drive change to improve processes and implement best practices across our accounting operations. Your strategic, forward-looking mindset and strong communication skills will be key to your success. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in accounting functions at public technology companies, or equivalent depth of experience in Big 4 public accounting, with familiarity with SEC reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a fast-growth corporate environment, have built organizations to scale for rapid growth, and have a history of experience that includes public company environment and requirements, and public accounting. Prior experience with Subscription businesses / SaaS is strongly preferred.
- Direct and lead accounting teams in the development, implementation, and oversight of company-wide accounting policies and controls consistent with SEC, US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Coordinate the preparation of financial reports on a regular basis, including but not limited to income and cash flow statements, quarterly reports, and balance sheets
- Plan and direct all accounting activities across the organization, to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC regulations, SOX, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies and procedures
- Drive external reporting, including presentations and direct communication with the Audit Committee and the Board
- Provide leadership required to strengthen and grow the Accounting team, with a commitment to recruiting, training, and mentoring
- Responsible for providing guidance and training of the new accounting guidance including the SEC regulations to the accounting team and broader organization
- Partner with the FP&A organization to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements through a monthly executive review of revenue, expenses, assets, and liabilities
- Build the technical infrastructure and control environment to support the company’s global growth
- Leverage technology to build scalable/sustainable processes to create efficiencies, streamline accounting operations, and improve the employee experience
- Establish strong relationships with inter-departmental peers and be the “go-to” accounting source in the Company
- Continually evaluate and optimize month-end close processes, striving to deliver process automation, improved accuracy, and higher customer service
- Develop/enhance, implement and enforce accounting policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and reduce risks of the business
- Provide financial guidance on technical accounting and financial reporting issues
- Manage insourced and outsourced international accountants for general accounting, payroll, tax, statutory accounts and compliance
- Manage the annual consolidated external audit working with independent auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License highly preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 or other national accounting firm preferred
- Minimum 10 years accounting and finance experience, with a minimum of 8 years in a financial senior leadership position in a public technology company
- Experience managing international accounting functions at both a corporate and a business unit-level for a global publicly-traded company, including consolidating US and non-US financial statements rolling up to the corporate level
- Experience presenting to Board of Directors, Audit Committees and other internal and external decision-makers
- Significant experience in Saas business models
- Expert knowledge of financial activities, policies, and processes, including multi-currency consolidations, SEC reporting, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience leading SOX implementations and maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting
- Must be a proven and effective leader that garners trust and loyalty from team members
- Demonstrated proficiency in enhancing financial systems to enable scalability of the business and accounting functions
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.