Director of Accounting
San Francisco Bay Area /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is looking for a detail oriented Director of Accounting who will be responsible for all financial reporting, technical accounting, accounting policies and processes, management accounting estimates, statement of cash flow and noting the financial statements. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this key role will serve a pivotal function working across all departments to provide a wide range of financial and decision support information to senior management and department heads.
- Lead technical accounting projects, write policy and implementation memos
- Prepare financial statements, footnote disclosures and relevant disclosure checklists
- Relentless focus on timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting, process improvement and automation
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while focusing on continuous improvements
- Ownership of accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP
- Coach, mentor, and develop accounting bench that will play key supporting roles in the financial statement and footnote implementation
- Promote a culture of learning and development on accounting matters for the organization
- Lead process improvements, operational effectiveness and automation
- Develop effective internal controls and accounting procedures
- Support and drive improvements in the monthly close process including preparation and/or review of schedule and analyses for reporting packages
- Prepare executive and investor reporting for month end and quarter end
- Responsible for potential future SEC reporting functions
- Prepare for implementation of SOX controls and internal audits
- Partner with external auditors on major accounting matters, defend technical accounting memos, answer audit requests, summarize accounting issues and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 15+ years of progressive experience - preferably a mix of Big 4 accounting firm experience (Sr. Manager level) and public companies with SaaS and hardware experience
- CPA required
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of working with US public company reporting, SEC requirements, including SOX compliance
- Strong understanding of FASB and US GAAP rules and regulations, including ASC 606, ASC 718, ASC 842, and ASC 340, among others
- Ability to conduct technical accounting research and document findings and present positions to senior management and external financial auditors
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide, and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Ability to effectively present information with confidence and accuracy to various levels of internal management and external auditors
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Experience in managing team members to achieve results, and to train and develop employees
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations, while problem solving and effectively multi-tasking to arrive at the correct resolutions
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements, including the ability to assess, develop and implement internal controls
- Experience with large ERP systems (preferably Netsuite)
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prepare technical revenue accounting memos
- Serve as subject matter expert on complex accounting policies
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.