Senior Director, Revenue Accounting
San Francisco Bay Area /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is looking for a detail oriented Senior Director, Revenue Accounting to manage our global revenue team and build processes and procedures to help Matterport scale. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this role is responsible for proper revenue accounting, maintenance of related company policy, compliance with corporate SOX requirements, and various ad hoc projects/initiatives.
- Lead a global revenue team that operates best in class monthly and quarterly closing procedures, including appropriate SOX controls and processes, and closes using a best in class timeframe
- Drive continual automation and build processes to accommodate rapid growth and scale throughout the revenue recognition cycle, including implementation of the Rev
- Pro revenue recognition system
- Manage all aspects of revenue cycle to ensure accurate revenue recognition under ASC606, including updating the revenue recognition policies manuals and procedures
- Work actively with external and internal auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretation and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with GAAP and all technical pronouncements
- Continuously improve the quality of revenue recognition reporting, in addition to providing high quality support for all SEC reporting requirements
- Partner with other senior leaders in the Finance organization to ensure that revenue processes support and integrate into the overall Finance processes
- Partner with the Sales team to evolve deal structure to maximize revenue recognition outcomes and collaborate with Sales to build business process improvements, including deal desk and understanding and maximizing the impact of new business model implementations
- Review customer contracts for revenue recognition implications and work with Sales on structuring transaction deals. Exercise judgment within defined policies and authoritative literature to determine appropriate action related to revenue-related transactions
- Design and maintain all reporting, forecasting, and metrics to report on the performance of the department
- Prepare technical accounting memos and provide guidance to non-finance organizations based on new accounting guidelines
- Serve as subject matter expert to deal review team on complex customer contract
- Review reporting on quarterly results prepared CEO and CFO
- Review quarterly balance sheet and P&L analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 15+ years of progressive experience - preferably a mix of Big 4 accounting firm experience (preferably at the Sr. Manager level) and public companies with multiple, complex revenue streams in a high-growth environment; multinational industry experience
- CPA required
- Demonstrable experience leading a successful global revenue recognition team
- Detailed experience of implementing and managing SaaS and hardware recognition under ASC 606, Revenue From Contracts With Customers
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with Sales and experience working with Sales teams to build processes and influence deal structure
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining procedures in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Ability to conduct technical accounting research and document findings
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate, guide and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and effectively lead an organization in a rapidly growing and fast paced environment
- Extraordinary business relationship and collaboration skills
- Analytical mindset with an emphasis on building and designing scalable processes
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality throughout the revenue recognition process
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements, including the ability to assess, develop and implement internal controls
- Experience with oversight of monthly close-related activities: reconciliations, journal entries, management reporting, external reporting and disclosures, and coordination with G/L team
- Experience with larger ERP systems (Netsuite), RevPro and related data across a global business
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SaaS and hardware revenue recognition
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.