Senior GL Accountant
San Francisco Bay Area /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
The Senior GL Accountant will be an engaged member of Matterport’s Accounting team and will interface directly with colleagues across Finance and cross-functionally. This role will support the accurate, reliable, and timely financial reporting and statements. This position requires someone who is self-motivated and detail oriented with strong accounting skills, GAAP knowledge, and the ability to work with external professionals, including auditors. This person will be a catalyst in helping to create and manage efficient business process flows and maintain a good system of internal controls. In addition, the Senior Accountant should be someone who collaborates well in a team environment and is comfortable working with leaders from various disciplines within Matterport. At the same time, as we are a start-up, we find that the most successful candidates are ones who exhibit flexibility and critical thinking as priorities shift and processes evolve. As we continue to grow, there will be opportunities for learning and exposure to various key accounting areas.
- Assist in the daily accounting and financial operations activities
- Primary focus areas will include general ledger, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations
- Accounting for internal use software, commissions expense, leases
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Participate in maintaining and enhancing internal controls, policies and procedures and the related documentation and compliance
- Preparation and review of General Ledger journal entries
- Support external audit requirements including preparation of audit schedules as needed
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements including leveraging data and technology
- Additional areas of accounting responsibility may be assigned as needed, including providing support for tax compliance and accounts payable
- 3+ years of public accounting experience, with 3+ years of corporate accounting experience (SAAS industry preferred)
- Experience in public company setting; IPO transition preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Proficient in PC applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office); knowledge of advanced Excel functions (lookup formulas, pivot tables, charts) and G-Suite
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills including the ability to research and simplify complex situations
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable in raising issues and seeking help
- “Process improvement” mindset with the ability to identify and implement changes
- Experience / knowledge of ERP system (Netsuite preferred)
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.