VP Financial Planning & Analysis FP&A
San Francisco or Sunnyvale, CA /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is seeking a Vice President of FP&A who can bring exceptional skills in business planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis to our fast-growing company. The successful candidate will be a key member of the finance team and be responsible for building and improving forecasting models; building budgets, ROI analysis, and valuations; preparing for future financings and an IPO; supporting the accounting close processes; leading investor relations; and supporting board of directors preparation. This person will work with all members of our executive team, and many groups including sales operations, marketing operations, product management, accounting, and operations.
The ideal candidate has a strong academic background with relevant experience with analytical and modeling tools and applications with public and private company experience. The candidate should be an executive-level thought partner, an enthusiastic and quick learner who enjoys the startup pace, willing to roll up their sleeves and work with details when needed to get things done and have the ambition to grow further into a senior finance executive.
- Develop and maintain the company’s global forecasts and financial models.
- Prepare periodic analysis of financial performance, identifying and tracking key financial metrics.
- Drive the continuous operating plan development and quarterly revisions to the forecast.
- Develop financial models to support investment initiatives (ROI analysis).
- Develop revenue analytics and demand forecasting model.
- Drive department variance analysis reporting and discussions.
- Prepare periodic management and board of directors reporting packages.
- Support investor and transaction diligence processes.
- Drive automation with planning and reporting tools.
- Manage FP&A staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Mathematics or other highly quantitative field; MBA strongly preferred.
- 8 to 10 years combined experience in FP&A, investment banking, or management consulting; Experience in accounting or auditing preferred.
- Experience in public company setting; IPO transition preferred.
- Expert at full statement financial modeling.
- Highly skilled at managing department level communications and presentations.
- Expert level Excel / Sheets (pivot tables, v-lookups and macros).
- Excellent and efficient verbal and written communications.
- Experience implementing automation tools / reporting.
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.