Director, Product Management (Mobile)
Remote, US /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
This role will own and drive the mobile applications roadmap across both iOS and Android for the company. This is a senior role that spans long-term vision through day-to-day execution. This role owns the on-site capture experience across a collection of devices as well as the entire Matterport Experience on Mobile. As our customer base expands across more industry verticals and geographic regions, our applications need to evolve rapidly. The PM will need to champion the changing voice of our user(s), and spearhead innovative solutions to their evolving needs. This role will also involve managing 3rd party partners who support Matterport for certain content creation needs.
- Define and implement the mobile applications roadmap across iOS and Android. Ensure the mobile strategy influences and supports the overall company strategy. Manage a portfolio of applications on both platforms.
- Translate the strategy and derive the execution plans required to implement it. Seamlessly context switch between strategic initiatives and tactical operations.
- Own Matterport Mobile strategy and business line.
- Communicate how lower level plans, features, release build towards the vision with both internal and external stakeholders. Prioritize continuously to adapt and focus on the most important objectives. Do so with a portfolio mindset that blends initiatives and both short-term and long-term goals.
- Make data-driven decisions, and build analytics capabilities into our products. Analyze that data to glean actionable insights.
- Define market and user research needed to ensure we delight our customers with new capabilities.
- Cradle-to-grave management of product life cycles, from launch through end-of-life.
- Run public beta programs for new features with existing customers.
- Work closely with partners to bring integrated solutions to life. This may involve partner hardware or software solutions.
- 7-15 years experience in product management or a related area. This is a senior role.
- Prior experience launching and evolving mobile applications, ideally on both iOS and Android.
- Prior experience in SaaS-based business models desired, especially in business-to-business (B2B &/or B2B2C).
- Capacity to manage complex, cross-functional projects with many moving parts.
- Must be able to juggle across complex projects while keeping a clear big picture mentality.
- Willingness to be resourceful and roll up sleeves to meet objectives
- Persistent and adaptable to obstacles
- Familiarity with Agile/Lean development approaches.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.