Principal Software Engineer
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is looking for an enthusiastic Principal Software Engineer to join our Platform team. You’ll be responsible for crafting and scaling services for the Matterport Platform which serves billions of requests a month. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses a strong platform development background, and has a drive to invent.
- Lead the design, implementation and deployment of new features and services
- Work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and engineers
- Ensure successful integration of customer facing platform services and internal systems
- Advocate for new technical architecture and innovation
- Ensure proper monitoring and respond to issues with the live environments
- Mentor and coach junior engineers to meet their full potential
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience designing and delivering cloud platforms and services
- Experience developing cloud platforms at scale in languages such as: Python, Java, Go, or Kotlin
- Experience with Linux, MySQL or PostgreSQL, and Git
- Familiarity with UI frameworks like Angular or React
- Exposure to non-relational data stores like FoundaitonDB
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills in all areas of platform development
- A track record of developing testable and maintainable code
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.