Chicago, IL /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is seeking an enthusiastic Sales Director who will provide sales experience to enterprise customers. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, high-energy executive to be on the front line with a high tech startup, connecting with prospective customers and sourcing new prospects. The ideal candidate has a depth of experience in strong sales execution with enterprise-level customers. The ideal executive must possess self-discipline, excellent communication skills, and the ability to quickly assess a prospect’s needs in a high throughput environment.
- Develop an Enterprise Account Plan for named accounts within a given territory, then drive the execution of that plan to success with the larger sales team.
- Effectively implement net new business acquisition sales strategies and tactics to maximize efforts to penetrate new accounts and achieve sales quota objectives.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations and participate in key trade shows, exhibits, and other industry events.
- Provide on the ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close deals.
- Develop and manage relationships with prospects and existing customers through a combination of daily outbound calling and, as needed, in-person meetings.
- Develop and deliver world-class Executive Sales proposals to C-level prospect.
- Maintain Salesforce.com CRM on a daily basis, ensuring yourself and team are accurate.
- Work collaboratively with various other teams, Product, Operations and Marketing to ensure a strong flowing lead pipeline in order to achieve sales quota objectives.
- 15+ years of experience in technology sales to enterprise.
- 5+ years selling similar solutions (hardware and/or software).
- Extensive direct sales and business development experience.
- Focused on selling business value to social and business stakeholders using ROI and TCO models, rather than competing on "features & functions."
- Ability to identify strategic client pains and develop unique and compelling value propositions that focus on delivering business value to the client.
- Consistent track record of achieving/exceeding sales quota (including SaaS).
- Strong executive presence – very comfortable with C-level executives.
- Expertise in managing multi-stakeholder sales cycles and closing large deals.
- Proficient at Salesforce.com and other Sales automation tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and specific experience with enterprise account planning.
- Assertive, passionate, consultative; loves to compete and win.
- Great at building relationships and working within a team selling environment.
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.