Director of Product Management, Hardware Programs
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
The Director of Product Management for Hardware Programs will own and manage Matterport’s hardware products roadmap including Matterport-developed products and strategic 3rd party devices integrated into our device Capture Ecosystem. As our customer base spans multiple countries and industry verticals, user needs are changing fast. You will need to champion the changing voice of our user(s), and spearhead innovative solutions to their evolving needs. You will work closely with cross-functional teams from BD, Marketing, Sales, H/W and S/W Engineering. This position reports directly into the VP of Product Management.
- Define the long term product strategy and roadmap for our hardware ecosystemResponsible for P&L of all hardware programs
- Manage ongoing success for each product line
- Provide detailed product requirements to Engineering and Design team
- Manage a core team of cross functional teams from ideation to Go-to-market execution
- Become a subject matter expert on Matterport’s new and existing customer verticals and their needs in terms of reality capture
- Work with business partners to define outstanding go-to-market strategy
- Own pricing and business model
- Build clear operational reporting on all elements of the portfolio
- 15+ years experience in hardware product management or a related area
- Proven track record of high-profile consumer and professional hardware product launches
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Strong experience in full P&L management for managed product and solutions
- Empathy for a customer feedback, developed through use of a variety of research tools
- Analytical rigor in evaluating and prioritizing projects and roadmap items
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Superior written and presentation skills
- Passionate about 3D captureCapacity to manage complex, cross-functional projects with many moving parts
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.