Mechanical Engineering Technician
Sunnyvale, CA /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
- Manage the ME, EE, and Optical lab areas, including organization, prototype, and inventory tracking.
- With guidance from engineering, use test equipment to test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Log and report the results.
- Verify dimensions of parts, using calipers and other measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met.
- Document bugs and issues in JIRA or similar issue tracking database as they come up.
- Create assembly instructions for electro-mechanical assemblies and cables.
- Experience with either ME, EE, or Optical equipment and skillsExperience with testing electromechanical systems such as motor assemblies.
- Able to use spreadsheet (excel, google sheets) and presentation software (Powerpoint, Google slides) for data processing and reporting of results.
- Preferred: Basic mechanical assembly and machining experience (Mill, Lathe, Drill press, 3D printer etc)
- Preferred: Basic soldering, cable building, and rework skills
- Preferred: Basic use of 3D CAD to make minor modifications
- Preferred: Experience with EE test equipment like Oscilloscopes, power supplies etc.
- Preferred: Experience using Linux/Ubuntu
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.