Product Quality Assurance Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
As the Product Quality Assurance Engineer at Matterport, you will continuously improve the customer’s experience with the Matterport custom 3D reality capture hardware product. You will use a data driven approach to identify the top field quality issues. You will use your intellectual curiosity to improve existing and develop new SQL dashboards that monitor any error events our customers experience. You’ll work closely with hardware, firmware, and manufacturing engineers to build test environments, execute manual tests and automate as many new tests as you can. You'll acquire an intimate knowledge of current issues as reported by customer support and how they map to the analytics dashboard. You will be responsible for developing a periodic detailed report of field quality metrics to key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is passionate about quality assurance and a detail-oriented engineer who has strong communication skills. You should also have a passion for building great hardware and software products and excellent customer experience. You will ensure the release of products that inspire our customers to create a 3D digital twin of any size, scale, and complexity.
- Monitoring quality dashboards on bugs from hardware products in the field.
- Create additional queries and dashboards to provide data as needed.
- Work with engineers and project leads to triage and prioritize issues found.
- Working with Customer Care, Sales, Manufacturing, and Engineering to assign resources to resolve issues.
- Identifying automation needs to speed up the process of finding, prioritizing, fixing, and verifying solutions to customer quality issues.
- Defining and delivering periodic data driven reports.
- 3+ years of experience in product quality.
- Experience in testing quality for electronic consumer or prosumer products.
- Experience in using SQL dashboards to monitor field quality.
- Some experience in modifying or creating SQL queries for dashboards.
- Understanding basic manufacturing quality metrics and statistics.
- Experience reporting progress and results to stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Experience coding in Python or Bash or other scripting, PHP, Java, C/C++ or similar language.
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.