Senior/Staff/Principal Computer Vision Engineer
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
As a member of the computer vision team, you’ll be responsible for developing robust completely-automated computer vision algorithms to handle any real-world environment these users can throw at us, from small spaces captured with mobile devices all the way up to massive stadiums scanned with professional hardware.
We work on a broad range of technologies, including point cloud alignment, generation/texturing of 3D meshes from point clouds, 3D mesh manipulation, camera calibration, SLAM, multi-view stereo, machine learning, and semantic understanding. And we’ve collected a massive database of complex real-world data that we can use to validate our approaches.
If the combination of real data, real users, and cutting-edge research appeals to you, then we’d love to talk!
- 5+ years of experience in computer vision/10+ years of software development experience
- Experience with 3D computer vision algorithms such as 3D alignment and reconstruction, object detection and classification, and mesh processing
- Ability to write performant, well-tested, production-ready code
- C++ is a must!
- Experience with tools such as OpenCV, Eigen, and Ceres Solver
Nice to Have
- Machine learning algorithms for vision problems, including deep learning
- 2D computer vision algorithms such as image processing and feature detection
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.